Here are some interesting facts about Limoneira:
- They grow produce on 7,000 acres of land in California; Sunkist markets it and sells it all over, from your neighborhood Vons store to high end restaurants in Japan.
- They utilize solar power (6400 solar panels to be exact) to run their lemon packing plant.
- A group of English miniature sheep graze under the solar panels...an economical and cute way to keep the grass from getting too tall.
- While you may know Limoneira for their lemons, they also grow oranges, avocados, and even pistachios.
- They love to do tours...even for school groups. And you can play bocce ball on one of 12 bocce courts while you're there!
Limoneira has even partnered with Chef Jason Collis from Jonathan's, and they are doing "Blues, Barbeque, and Bocce" every Sunday this summer. There's live music, plenty of space for playing bocce, beer, wine, and beautiful scenery everywhere you look. Above you'll see some of the decadent food he served us out in the avocado orchard this week, including ice cold lemonade and refreshing lemon bars.
Post a Comment