Ventura's very own Fresh and Easy is due to open soon. The building is complete...down to the landscaping and painted lines in the parking lot. The shelves are being stocked, jobs are being filled, and they are taking nominations for their $1,000 Good Neighbor grant. As part of their grand opening, the staff chooses one local nonprofit to receive this generous gift. Check out their website to learn more about how cool and green their stores are, and how reasonable their prices are.
Old Creek Ranch Winery just announced that all four wines that they entered in the SF Chronicle wine competition medaled! Here are the results...Ventura County should be proud:
- Double Gold Medal: 2007 Sangiovese, White Hawk Vineyard, Santa Barbara County, now in release.
- Double Gold Medal: 2007 Grenache, Vogelzang Vineyard, Santa Ynez Valley, will be released Friday February 12th.
- Gold Medal: 2007 Petite Sirah, Branham Obsidian Vineyard, will be released first week on May.
- Silver Medal: 2007 Syrah, Santa Barbara County, will be released Friday February 12th.
Rancho Ventavo Cellars has some fun, new events for 2010:
- Thank Bacchus for First Fridays! On the first Friday of each month from 6:00 - 7:30pm they are offering delicious trios of Rancho Ventavo Cellars wines paired with small plates, begining the first Friday in February. Who's Bacchus? Well, Bacchus is Dionysus, or the Greek god of wine and intoxication, known as Bacchus to Romans.
- Saturdays are Girls Just Wanna Have Wine Nights! on the last Saturday of each month from 6:00 - 7:30pm. Each month there will be a different "theme." In January the theme will be "largest, most outrageous hair while drinking wine."
We Olive introduced some new products this month: Blood Orange Balsamic Vinegar, House-Brand Dukkah, Golden Honey Mustard, Wasabi Sake Mustard, and a Sweet Balsamic Mustard.
They are also hosting a recipe contest. Interested? Enter a great recipe using one or more of their products in the following categories: : A Romantic Dinner for Two, A Heart Healthy Celebration and The Crowd Pleaser. They will select 3 winners, each of whom will receive a product of his/her choice from their store (except table linens). Submit your recipes by email or in the store before this Sunday, January 24th.