McGrath Family Farm will be closing their roadside market for the winter. Their last day open will be December 31st; and the stand will re-open March 17th, 2010.
Oxnard Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched Wine, Cheese, and Chocolate Tours for those looking for a full day of delicious excess. Similar to the wine trail tours run out of Ventura (check out my story on that), the tours take place every Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and depart the Welcome Center in Oxnard. The tours include stops at Heritage Square -- Rancho Ventavo Wine Cellars and La Dolce Vita Restaurant; Channel Islands Winery; Herzog Wine Cellars; and Cantera Cellars (see owner Mike Brown talking wine below) and Bella Victorian Vineyard Tasting Room in Camarillo. The cost is $75 per person.
The Cave, at Ventura Wine Company, has updated their small plates menu...including these mouth-watering new additions:
- Duck Ragout with Pancetta, Gnocchi and Red Onion Marmalade $7
- Grilled Chicken and Crimini Mushroom Strudel $7
- Goat Cheese Croquette with Sweet Capacola and Lemon-honey Vinaigrette $7
- Beef Bourguignon with County Potato Puree $8
Celebrate New Years at Cafe Fiore with one of their festive fixed price menus:
- $55 for a three course dinner, 5-7:30pm, includes a free glass of champagne
- $75 for four courses, 8-11pm, includes champagne, party favors, and admission to live music