Mushroom and Garlic Pizza
from Rachael Ray Magazine
- One bag TJ's pizza dough or one 14 ounce can Pillsbury pizza crust
- 3 TBL extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 5 ounces shitake mushrooms, stems discarded
- 8 ounces white mushrooms
- 8 ounces shredded swiss cheese (2 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded mozarella cheese (2 cups)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread the pizza dough out to cover a large baking sheet, then brush with 2 TBL olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic. Bake for 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, thinly slice the shitake and white mushrooms. In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 TBL oil over high heat and sauté the mushrooms until golden, 8-10 minutes. Season to taste with salt.
Sprinkle the baked dough with the swiss cheese, then the mushrooms, then the mozarella. Sprinkle a little more salt over the top and return pizza to oven. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Note: you can use any type of mushrooms. I sometimes use two bags of pre-sliced mushrooms (crimini or white) from Trader Joe's. Last time I made it I added some sautéed spinach, but its incredible just with the mushrooms.
Post a Comment